OnlyLinks - Create and share link collection
A web app to create link collection and share among friends. Created as a fun project for AWS amplify Hackathon
I built a service for creating and sharing a collection of links. One can create a new collection and add up to 20 links and share it with others. This can be very useful when sharing links with people; you can create a collection of links and bookmark a single link.
- FastAPI for building the backend
- Deta for deploying the backend
- Svelte for building the frontend
- AWS Amplify for deploying the frontend
- MongoDB Atlas for the database
Routing is done using page.js
- This page contains a form for creating links collection. The collection ID is automatically populated by searching for an available 6 character ID.
- The toughest part was building the
- First approach was to manipulate the
innerHTMLby adding the HTML for the new element. Something like,
It worked, but it also reset all the link fields above.
document.getElementById("links").innerHTML += <new-button-logic-goes-here>;
- Second approach was to use
document.CreateElementto create all the elements for a new links field and append it to the parent div. This method worked without resetting any fields. However, I noticed a slight delay(minimal) in adding a new field on mobile devices.
- Add actions for searching invalid collection ID
- 404 page
- Search for collection based on the keyword (under consideration)
- Password protected collections or Private collections (under consideration)
In case any request fails, please try again(reason: cold start due to inactivity)